header info

To see what jewelry creations are currently available Click here!

Wednesday, July 5, 2017

The Organizing Journey Day 16



Day 16 – The Little Things

Okay, so I did spend most of today in the studio working (after the orchard chores).  But I made a conscious effort to do something I’m not in the habit of doing.  Every time I used a tool or some material or created garbage, I dealt with it… immediately.  It’s a little thing in action, but a huge thing in progress toward a good habit.

After I cut copper solder, I put the “copper solder box” back on the shelf and I put the clippers back in the lazy Susan.


After I got the stone I needed, I changed the stock amount on my inventory sheet, then I put the tray of stones back into the cabinet.


After I opened the box from MonsterSlayer, I put the invoice in my invoice folder, put the wrapping materials in the garbage (except those that get recycled which went into the recycle bin), and I put the metals into their appropriate drawers.


It felt weird and good.  Weird only because I’m used to leaving everything out after I’ve used it (y’know, don’t want to interrupt the work flow).  And good because as I put things away (which really only took seconds at a time.

Unfortunately, I haven’t been doing the same in the kitchen.  I had company this weekend and I tend to not do dishes when I have company.  Sigh.  So now just about everything in my kitchen needs washing.  I’ll either do it tonight or tomorrow (I have more energy in the morning so it’s easy for me to always procrastinate on stuff like that… but it’s true).

I was looking at organizing tips on the internet the other day.  Lots and lots of tips for organizing purses, shoes, make up, and nail polish.  I have so few of these things.  Yay!  I can breeze right on past those things… and kids’ items too.

I also looked at photos that make me realize I *am* on my way to minimalism.  Some of the things in the photos from the internet… just too much stuff!  Granted I am one person.  I know it’s different if it’s a whole family, but I think it still bears consideration.  I mean, look at your stuff and saying, “Do I really need this many of this thing?”  There was a time some of my cupboards may have looked like this.



As soon as I finish this current bracelet order and get out my other two orders, we will sink our teeth back into some real organizing.  I feel REALLY good when I can get rid of stuff, then sort out what’s left and organize it.  I’m so excited!

Thanks for all the wonderful comments and feedback.  It’s great hearing from you all and finding out that I’m not alone in this journey.  :-)  Share your tips, tricks, ideas and experiences too, in the comments section.

To see the beginning of this journey, click here.


No comments:

Post a Comment