header info

To see what jewelry creations are currently available Click here!

Sunday, July 2, 2017

The Organizing Journey Day 13



Day 13 – Listen to Yourself

Yes, you have to listen to yourself.  Because yourself (your intuition) talks a lot.  But it’s a very quiet voice so often, if not always, gets over-looked.

You know how it is: you empty the change in your purse because you’re tired of carrying around the extra weight.  Then later that day you’re at a parking meter that only accepts change and there you are on your hands and knees looking under the car seat for even a few dimes.  And you say to yourself, “Man, I thought about keeping a few coins in my purse.  Why didn’t I listen to myself?  I knew I should have kept some change.”

Yes, yes you DID know that… you said that to yourself in that tiny, quiet voice… and it got overlooked.

So we must train ourselves to start listening to us, to our intuition… and eventually, our inner voice will become louder and will be heard more often.

For a year or more I’ve had my recycling bags tucked in here behind my wall separator and just in front of the baker’s rack.  I thought it was the perfect out-of –the-way but still convenient place for my cans/bottles, cardboard, and newspaper.

Then remember on day 4 when I showed you the before and after photos of my kitchen.


Just for that day, I ended up moving the recycle bags when I moved everything else that was there on the floor in my kitchen.  I think I moved them because I was cleaning the floor.  Anyway, I hadn’t put them back yet and that night I was cooking dinner and realized how nice it was not having the bags there. 

It’s THAT kind of thing you have to listen to when you start to organizing your living space.  If it feels good to have something in or not in a place, you need to listen to that feeling and honor it.

So I will see what “feels” right and not right as we continue this journey.




Thanks for all the wonderful comments and feedback.  It’s great hearing from you all and finding out that I’m not alone in this journey.  :-)  Share your tips, tricks, ideas and experiences too, in the comments section.

To see the beginning of this journey, click here.


No comments:

Post a Comment